Transparency in Pricing:
How we determine what your project will cost?
A question we get all the time is: “How much is this framing job is going to cost?” There are dozens of online framing companies that can beat the prices of a custom framing store like Tim Frates. So what is the difference you're paying for, and is it worth it.
We understand that price is always a factor in a framing job. And we know that it’s tempting to look for the best deal, the cheapest framer, cheaper materials, and rock-bottom prices. But there is a "hidden cost" in the cheaper options that may not be apparent for 10 or 15 years from now. Inexpensive materials will fade and can damage your artwork over time. We consider quality framing a "SHORT TERM INVESTMENT FOR A LIFETIME OF ENJOYMENT".
Every framed piece gets a custom quote. We use Costing Software to compute the price of every custom job. You're always welcome to see what elements go into a quote. This will give you an idea about what you'll get and what you can expect to pay. No one likes to be surprised when picking up their project. We can tell you the cost of the project before you leave it with us if you'd like. Below is an idea of some of the factors that influence the price of a job:
- A framed piece under 16×20" with a single mat, Conservation Glass, and 1” frame typically runs between $150–$200.
- Premium Museum Glass generally runs 20% more than Conservation Glass.
- Double mats add an additional $50-$80 to your investment and the cost of the project.
- Complicated projects with design time by our staff will include a Setup Design Charge, which we will be able to advise you of within your quote.
- The cost of Frame mouldings can vary by quite a bit depending on their width, overall size, and materials chosen.
Please remember, when you are getting something framed by us, it is an investment for a lifetime. We don’t and won't do cheap hacks at lower prices, and we feel our quality is evident. You will be proud of your framed piece for years to come. We guarantee it.
Bring your project or idea into the shop, and allow us the opportunity to work with you, and work within your budget in order to frame your treasure.